We had two backbags. Unnecessarily he was carrying his laptop announcing that he is going to work there(ha ha ha ha). I was wondering whether all the newly engaged guys or going to be engaged guys act like this. I wasn't for sure. For me office is secondary. So we cleared off the security check. The person who checked us was good saying "Good Morning" to all passengers. It was a good feeling when you hear it among all the tensions(I was not tensed though). We went to the duty free shopping. Got few chocolates and he got gifts for his mom and his bhabhi. Oh yeah now I realise after so much typing I didnt tell his name. He is famously known as Rahul Vamshi and for me he is just Vamshi as the name Rahul is like a north indian which doesn't suit him. He would have recited his would-be's name atleast 1 Lakh time by the time we boarded the flight!!!. We went to the crossword shop before getting into the flight and I got the book, Guns of Novaronne. The fact I got the book is that I will be bored and I need some company, but was I left bored, you will know when you complete the entire post.
Atlast after two hours of wait we were asked to board the flight. After 7 hours(we got up at around 4am that day) I can see Vamshi smiling for the first time. Then I realised it was because of the Airhostess(No offense meant!!!). She was really cool looking and had a smiling face. She served us coconut water. Vamshi was about to take two glasses so that she can stay for a longer time. But she left. And Vamshi was back to his normal. He realised his mistake that he is seeing the Airhostess when there is an angel waiting for him. Since I call him bhai, she is my sister-in-law in short a sister. So he got back to normality. After that he started watching the clouds. I just felt he is dancing there with his angel singing a romantic song(There has to be a playback singer, else who will hear his awfull song. The gods will run away from their places!!!). I should thank god that he didnt put any bomb or atleast i didnt realise it as I was enjoying the flight. I slept for a while too. Of all the domestic flights I have experienced this was tooo good.
We got a good meal and then after an hour of flight we came closer to Vizag. And as usual this guy got excited and pointed various places and showed me where each thing is there. Since Vizag is a naval based airport we heard an announcement that we cannot take photographs there. I was ready though, what if his angel comes and i dont want to miss that expression in his face. But good god she didnt come. Dad(Vamshi's) came to pick us up from the airport. It was a 25 mins drive. His house is located nearer to the beach. And from various people I came to know that Vizag beaches will be good. We reached home and Mom served us a soooperb lunch. It was like having a meal back at my home. I was treated like a king. Seriously I was not even allowed to take the plate and put it in the sink. We all had a chat for a while and then it was decided that we will go to shopping. This guy's engagement dress was still not ready and we need to collect the sweets.
We went to a place called Dwaraka Nagar. Much similar to Chennai's Ranganathan street and Usman Road combined. It had all the major shops and also some street vendors. He gave me a wrong information that she is going to wear a blue saree. So we were thinking of getting something in Blue. But then he settled down to a cream shirt and a matching pant saying that it has to suit his shoes. I thought ok if he likes it let it be. And then we went back home. On the way we got the sweets and then proceeded in search of tender coconut. At the end we found it near a place called ushodaya colony closer to his home. Dad took us via the beach road and we reached home. Then it was decided that we(Vamshi, his Brother and me) will go for a walk and sit in the beach for sometime. Thinking that it is going to be dark I didnt take the camera. But when we reached the beach I realised my mistake. The view was awesome. Heavenly. We sat there for an hour or so and returned back. We had a good dinner. Then Vamshi with so many dreams went to bed. I too thought it will be a long day for me and went to bed.
I think because we decided to sleep on the floor without any mattresses on I slept the moment my head hit the pillow. I never used to get asleep so fast in a new place. Had a dreamless sleep that day. Woke up at around 06:15 in the morning and seeing that Vamshi is already ready to rush to the function hall, I too got ready as fast as I can. Took photos of Kiran(Vamshi's brother), Vamshi, Bhabhi and Mom and Dad. Vamshi's Chinnanana has come for the function with his family the previous day. Also present were Kiran's In-Laws. After much debate of the mode of my travel, I travelled in an auto with Vamshi's favourite Mama, Mohan Mama. We reached the hall within 10 mins. And then started the job for me and my Handycam. Both of us together started capturing all the sweet memories. Vamshi was given a room in which a person like WWE fame Mark Hendry can't enter. The room came to an end the moment it started. It was Airconditioned and it was the right choice to cool off Vamshi. As he was ready to burst out the of the room and go to the next room where his angel was there. We made him relax, gave him breakfast. By that time the pooja has started and went to capture it.
After 10 mins Vamshi came out. From that moment till we came out of the function hall, say for almost 6 hours, his eyes didnt see anyone else nor did it register anyone's words. All his concentration were on one person. Guess it is unnecessary to say who it is or why it was so. Everyone of us would have done it. But the girl had a bigger problem. She couldn't turn her head and see this guy. But it all happens. The pooja was going on. And after sometime, Mom(Vamshi's) presented her with a new saree. When I saw that saree color I realised why this guy choose his shirt in this colour. The saree was in the same color of his shirt. Wow what a matching. He told me later that he wanted to surprise me. Obviously I realised this young man is slowly becoming a family man, who doesn't discloses his feelings,to outsiders, other than his wife. Its a positive sign. I knew Vamshi as a vibrant enthusiastic person. But he too can't escape from the sufferings of love and marriage right. Oh sorry I got deviated.
--Continued
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment