Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Vizag Trip - Part 1

After a long time I am feeling happy that I am able to come back to my blogs. It is a lovely feeling. This time I have enough to write. And I may not be able to write everything in a single post. So depending on the length will split it and post it. This is all about my Vizag(Visakhapatnam) trip. To start off I need to go a long back. Say atleast to the last year.

31, Dec 2008

It was confirmed that I have to work from the whitefield location. And as per the suggestion by our relative we went to see an single bed room house in a place called yelahanka. Only after going there we realised (Me, my FIL and my wife), it is toooo far away from my office. I need to travel almost 35 kms everyday. My maximum limit was 20 kms. Not more than that. My close friend has told me to feel free to stay with him till I get an accommodation as he is getting married very shortly. So, I called him up and told him that I will disturbing from the next day. We were all staying in a hotel that time. We celebrated the new year without much Josh.

01, Jan 2009

After finishing my office works returned back to the hotel where we were all staying. I had hired a cab to travel around bangalore as my two wheeler was in chennai that time. So on that night we went to the place where my friend stays and called him. He said he is on his way back home after having dinner and on the way he can pick me up. He came along with his friend and we reached his home. I was initially planning to stay with him for a week or two as I dont want to disturb him much and was searching for a house. But he insisted that I need to stay with him atleast for a month. I was in one way happy that I can do my house search in a relaxed manner. But at the same time was a bit guilty that I am disturbing his privacy as he is going to be engaged and get married soon. Then somehow got convinced and started to stay with him. His engagement date was about to be finalised that time.

Vizag trip.

When we got the news that his engagement is scheduled on March 11th, I decided to visit Vizag. We booked the ticket and he started his countdown. Day by day his excitement and every movement became different. Always thinking about looking good in the engagement. In the mean while we changed the house and it was decided that I can stay with him till the marriage date which was yet to be made official. Then in March 1st week we got the news that his marriage date is finalised on May 30th. He wanted it to be much earlier than that. Infact he was ready for March 12th. But god decided to make him wait and start another countdown. Then he told me the major news, that I can stay with him till he leaves for the marriage. I am really gratefull to him for that for removing a major burden from me. Then the D-Day came, according to him very slowly. We were all set to leave on 10th March the day before the engagement. Unfortunately the flight got delayed.

His face revealed the nervousness very sincerely. He was restless to the core. Since I have crossed all these much earlier I can understand and I was just making sure that this guy doesnt get into some other flight in the eagerness. It was also hard to make him sit in the lounge. He visited one place very frequently because of stomach upset. And that again worried me what we will do incase it happens in the flight as he is sitting next to me. And that too the flight is fully airconditioned and if starts bombing how will I bear the nasty smell :). We were waiting for the security check announcement to get inside. It never came. He started getting more and more restless. His doubt I can realise is what if he cant make it that day. So we went to the airways counter and enquired about the status. They told that the flight is on its way and we can go ahead with the security check. Since gels and liquids are not allowed inside we have put everything in the check-in baggages.

-- Continued

No comments: