On the third day of my stay in Vizag me and Kiran(Vamshi's brother) decided to go to a movie. We went through the papers and finally decided to watch the movie i've given in the title. It was in a theater called Jothee. The moment I heard the jokes we used to make about a theater bearing the same name in chennai. It was advertised as AC with DTS sound effect. In chennai whenever these things are advertised we can be rest assured that it is only to increase the ticket effect. Some of the theaters switch off the AC after the movie has run 75%. Infact during the climax u need to sweat along with the Villains :) .
I didnt had any expectation because it was a movie in a different language. Just to wail away some time I decided to go to this movie. If there were any good english movie, I would have gone for that. The surprise started from the moment we bought the ticket. The highest ticket was just 50 and the last row was available. I was happy. Atleast I can sleep well. And then we were waiting for the show to begin. Then there was the sound of a bell ringing as we used to hear in our school. I thought there is a school nearby. Only when Kiran told that it is the announcement of the show beginning I remembered my young days where I too have heard this sound in theaters. But now in none of the multiplexes it is there.
When we entered the theater it was a 70MM a second surprise for me. For 50 rupees you are going to watch a movie in a wide screen. Ok next was the biggest surprise. The seat was a two seater sofa. I am not lying it is a two seater sofa. Wow. The slide started. The next came a news reel. By now I lost interest in getting surprised and decided to go back in time to enjoy all these. The news reel was AP govt award the Nandi Awards given to various cine artists for the year 2005 and 2006. Then started the movie with all the real DTS effects we get in multiplexes. Now coming to the movie.
The story is pretty simple. The heroine, played by Tamanna, with the screen name of Geetha Subramaniam, is a pet to her father. A real pet to the extent that in one scene when her father walks in fired charcoals(as it happens in the temples, theemithi), when she fell ill, she also walks on it just with the prayer that nothing should happen to her father. Wow what a love. She could not bear anyone else sharing the love with her father. When her aunty, father's younger sister comes home and when Geetha sees that her father and aunty are sharing a good bond she decides to take revenge. She puts a X mark on her aunty's face in the family photo.
With the pressures of her father and relatives, she goes to a college in Hyderabad. The charecteristics of the hero(played by Sidharth) and heroine(two extremes as usual) is depicted in the song panchirey. Hero is a typical playboy who loves to flirt with all the girls he says and is successfull also. The girl is a typical home loving girl who is scared of all these. I wont say hate because she starts loving all these after some time. As it happens in all films, the heroine comes and joins the same college. But I am not sure, how the entire college knows the hero and as per the movie the heroine joins the college. Since I couldn't understand the language I am not sure about the explanation given.
So slowly the heroine joins the hero's gang. Infact in one scene she puts a cross mark on Sidharth's face. But the next scene she gives a romantic look towards him. Ha ha. She gets really attracted towards him when Sidharth gives a dove as a present to one of the girl in the gang and ask her to allow it to fly. Thats it the hero enters into heroine's heart. If it is so easy to enter into a girl's heart by now most of the guys will be roaming with a girl, unless and until they are towards arranged marriage. The entire gang is of 5 people. Three girls and two guys. When the other guy, other than the hero, gets a job and moves to Australia, the hero stops visiting heroine's house.
I forgot to inform, the heroine is staying with her uncle, played by Mr. Brahmanand(I guess the spelling is right). But except his introduction scene I wasn't able to laugh for other scenes. But Kiran was laughing aloud. So I guess all the comedies are based on dialogues. When the heroine hears that it is the hero's birthday she gives a wonderfull dance party with so many girls. In the six years of married life I have never attended a party like that. And till that time heroine was seen 95% of the time in salwars and suddenly for this dance she decides to wear very little. After that the hero also started feeling his love towards the heroine, when the heroine goes to her native with her father for the vacation.
He too goes to her town and meets her in a field where there is lots of windmills, reminded me of DDLJ. Then goes to her father and asks his permission to get married. He is a good father who didnt as for the status or the job but about his family only. Just with a family who can run a family I dont understand. The hero is dejected as his parents are living seperately. Their marriage was also a love marriage, Hero's parents, but since the hero's father is too much interested in making money they gets seperated.
And from this time on, the hero starts all his witty things to unite them. At the same time the hero and heroine fights with each other many times and re-unites saying sorry. Wanted two more hands to hit my forehead(rendu kai pothala thalaila adichuka). And the worst thing is all the fights are for silly things. May be people have experienced it. I have not. And for each thing the heroine walks away as if something really nasty has happened. What yaar, guys are fools are what that everytime they have to ask sorry. I didnt like this part much. Infact there is a scene to portray that the girl loves her father more than the hero, when she wanted to retain her father's name as her surname. I am not against it. But as far as I have seen and experienced girls when they love a guy they give their whole heart to him and will be changing their surname at the first instance. Infact I know a person who changed her surname the moment she got engaged!!!!
You can watch the movie and see these scenes as I am not going in any detail. The hero is able to find that his father still loves his mother when he sees that his father eats the sambar prepared by his mother. And his mother loves her father when accidently she tells his father's name instead of his name.
Climax
Hero's mom goes to meet his Father and tells her that they were happy when he was in US. And ask him to go back. Hero's father also accepts for this. Thats when the hero comes into the scene and gives a emotional and sentimental dialogue(I was concentrating on the sms I was sending so didnt listen to the dialogue). After this both his father's and mother's hearts changes. Before the final scene, the hero takes the heroine to his home and says that since he couldn't unite his family he is ready to sacrifice his love (what a new thought to the indian cinema). When the hero returns home he sees that his parents are re-united and happy. At the same time the heroine enters with her father. Heroine's father says "When you are ready to sacrifice your love just because I told you my condition I am happy to give you my daughter"(I guess somehow I managed to understand the dialogue and give it here). And the hero introduces his family sorry his parents. And they lived happily ever after.
There are a total of eight songs. One of them is a sad song. Songs are good and the music by Shankar-ehsan-loy is good. Infact I loved the music to such extent that I got the Mp3 cd(legal official one) on the way back home. I want to watch the movie again, not for the story but to understand few of the dialogues and scenes, with my friend Vamshi so that I can understand more easily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment