Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Ultimate Birthday Gift

    People do treasure their birthdays for lot of reasons. But I treasure for one main reason. I have got my major gifts only on my birthdays. For example, three years back I got my N70 on my birthday. Again this year I got Nokia 5800 express music. I was searching for a new mobile quiet sometime. I did research, read reviews, spoke to friends and personally went to mobile shops for a first hand look.

    I was tempted between two mobiles. Samsung's touch phone and Nokia 5800. Even though it is almost 5 months now after launching 5800 the craze is still there. Some of my friend's who are using samsumg gave me some negative comments. And since I am a hardcore Nokia fan, I chose 5800 at the end. But still I wasn't sure whether to go for it or to wait for some more time and check out whether the price comes down. Nokia N95 when it was released in India it was 25000 and then after three months it got reduced to 22000. So thinking in that way I thought of waiting some more time.

    When I spoke to a guy in a Nokia showroom, he told me a fact. Just because of the bad name Nokia has for keeping the price higher initially and the reducing it to unbelievable level, they have kept 5800 in a normal price comparing with the other touch phones in the market. He also gave an example that iphone is released in India with a price of 36000 and it is still sold around the same price range. So they are not expecting 5800 to get reduced unless someother touch phone is being released by nokia, about which there is no announcement.

    This gave me the boost to take my decision. Atlast I got hold of my new Nokia 5800 express music last 25th May 2009. I wanted to buy it in chennai and to show it to my mom and dad. But unfortunately due to time constraint couldn't do it. And since there is no price difference between chennai and bangalore I decided it to get it here.

    My Phone. I love my N70. And I didnt want to exchange it for a new phone. This Nokia 5800 is an instant hit with me. It gave me a lot of pleasure when I started using it. Has a internal memory of 80MB with an external memory, expandable upto, 16GB(they have given a 8GB card in the box). The biggest surprise for me is that the memory card which came with the mobile had 215 songs already stored(out of which I have deleted most of them, ofcourse after taking a backup!).

    Touch screen, display rotation, qwerty keyboard and lots more are in this phone. Call quality is loud and clear. What else we require? Also nokia provides applications like SMS Timer(you can send sms'es at a predetermined time). To input into the phone Nokia has provided a stylus pen (a spare one is available in the box). In the box there is a wrist band which has another stylish triangular shaped stylus. One major advantage is you can connect the phone to a TV and watch videos. Alternatively you can connect it to a Speaker and music phone and listen to songs.

The phone has a 3.2 megapixel camera. It has a USB connection, Bluetooth and also wifi. The CD that comes in the pack has OVI suite. But if you are familiar with Nokia PC Suite download the 7.1 version.

No comments: